Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Source for Small VHS Tapes

On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:12:12 -0500, wrote:

I bought an older camcorder at a garage sale, for $3. Aside from having
a weak battery, it appears to work fine when plugged in directly to the
power unit. But it needs these small VHS tapes, which I think are
called VHS-C (according to a website). It seems that no local stores
sell these tapes anymore. Anyone know where to buy them? (Dont suggest
ebay, I do my best to avoid ebay after getting far too many defective
items and getting kicked in the ass with outrageous shipping prices).

This camcorder was made in 1998, so it's not that old. The plan is to
record to tape, then transfer the video to my computer for digital
saving. That way I really only need one or two tapes.

For not much more than the cost of 2 vhs-c tapes and the $3 you have
invested you can buy a sile digital video camera that will download
DIRECTLY to the computer and give even better video quality.