Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default OT?: Hail damage and State Farm settlement

On 5/9/2012 7:52 PM, Puddin' Man wrote:

Little brick bungalow in large midwest US city, detached garage. Scraped and
shingled about 05-1996.

Big hail storm. I spring a little leak in each structure. Have State Farm
adjuster out, he walks roofs, proposes claim adj.:

Total replacement cost value $6k.
Less depreciation 2500
Less deductible 1000
Actual cash value payment $3k

How do they work stuff like this nowdaze? I'm not necessarily looking for a
kickback, but that depreciation # is awfully hefty.

About how much might a midwest US (i.e. St. Louis) contractor get to scrape and
shingle (per square)? I'll come out to something like 12 (house) + 6 (garage) =
18 total squares (actually closer to 17).

Thx,

16 years old, you're lucky you got anythin.

--
Steve Barker