Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Designing a work table - ATTN Bill "Workbench from worksmithshop.jpg" yEnc 20740 Bytes

On 5/8/2012 4:56 PM, Darian wrote:
On Tue, 8 May 2012 10:31:51 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Darian" babbled this bull****

The MOST people can see? What, a handful of grabby REGULARS?
That's funny...

Gee, the regulars are the guys who give the good advise and provide all
kinds of expertise. Any you want to **** them off? Hardly a good move.
But, then again, you obviously don't want anybody to view your work or give
any good advice. You must be a legend in your own mind. Nobody will accuse
you of having any social skills or intelligence.

Why did you post here? Just curious.

Look, I get it. Those 'handful of regulars' are all that's left of a
once bustling group. That's perfectly alright. Keepers of the flame.

It's just I've seen all too often someone will finally share a post
and this whole yEnce thing come up, and it's so easy to resolve
by either setting your news reader, or a simple add-on for
Outlook Express.

And you know what's REALLY easy? For the poster to simply upload using a
native JPEG attachment (rather than going OUT OF THEIR WAY to choose a
non-standard format), resulting in a post that EVERYBODY can read without doing
ANYTHING. If you want the widest number of people to look at what you've
posted, why would you do anything different?

typically posted to this group. The sizes are MINISCULE compared the
gargantuan files (full-length movies as an example) posted to other groups. If
I'm viewing a 200K JPEG image, I'm not going to see ANY discernible difference
in the download time between a natively encoded image and one encoded in yEnc.

Simply put, there is NO advantage to using yEnc in a group like this. Save the
yEnc encoding for those files where there is actually something to be gained.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.