Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Chain saw brand

On 5/8/2012 7:01 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 5/8/2012 7:13 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Steve wrote in news:4
:

On 5/7/2012 6:20 PM, Meanie wrote:
I'm searching for a used chainsaw and want to know what are good
brands to
look for.

Thank you

there is no "S" on brands in this question. There is only ONE brand of
chainsaw. STIHL. the rest are toys.

I can't believe all the nonsense I'm reading in these responses. None
of you have any idea
what the guy wants a chain saw for, and to insist -- without knowing
this -- that he simply must
have a Stihl, is simply idiotic.

If he heats with wood, and will be using the saw for six hours every
weekend cutting
firewood, then, yes, he probably needs a Stihl.

If he's a typical homeowner who's only going to use it for a few
hours a year, *any* chain
saw will do _just_fine_.

yeah, _IF_ it'll start when he needs it. And _IF_ the chain doesn't
break and slap the **** out of his arm. and and and.....

What makes you imagine that a chain wouldn't have the courage the break
on a ("holy") Stihl ??

I've never seen it happen. With 5 Stihls, 30+ years and hundreds of
cords of Osage Orange (hedge) cut.

--
Steve Barker