Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Gun law US style.

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Attila.Iskander wrote:

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Attila.Iskander wrote:

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
news:v9req79iq1trdnsq066tmra9esfcga4j03@Osam a-Is-Dead.net...
Attila.Iskander wrote:

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
news:6jjbq7hruet49sbqrfq7v8vpn8ejncm9n1@Osam a-Is-Dead.net...
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

BTW, the Second Amendment states right up front why people should
have
the right to bear arms. Have you signed up with your local militia?
Does
your local militia commander know how to get in touch with you to
summon
you for duty and what weapons you have and how well skilled you are
in
their use? Do you report for training as required?

Lat time I checked the 'militia' (a.k.a. National Guard) provides
weapons to the volunteers and must be returned after the drill.

You also need to check the fact that National Guard is NOT the
militia,
as
per the Supreme Court.

Help me out here then. What is?

According to the Supremes in Perpich, it's a reserve branch of the Armed
Forces
But it is NOT the "organized militia" as defined elsewhere in USC.

I don't know where one would sign up for this "organized militia",
as the only one I know of is the Guards.

Then you don't even know an organized militia,

Nope, do you?

As distinct from National Guard units, which since they fall under federal
authority, do not qualify as true militia units which were originally
intended to negate complete control of military forces by the Feds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Force

because the Guards, as per
the Supreme Court in Perpich, is NOT a militia.

That case is not exactly what we are talking about:

You stated that the National Guard is a militia
It is NOT
It's a RESERVE component of (Federal) Armed Forces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpich...ent_of_Defense

"Perpich v. Department of Defense, 496 U.S. 334 (1990), was a case
decided by the United States Supreme Court concerning the Militia
Clauses of Article I, Section 8, of the United States Constitution
in which the court held that the Congress of the United States may
authorize members of the National Guard of the United States to be
ordered to active federal duty for purposes of training outside
the United States without either the consent of a state governor
or the declaration of a national emergency. The plaintiff was Rudy
Perpich, Governor of Minnesota at the time."

Sadly, some States have never implemented a militia, while others have
abandoned them

Which ones have a milita other than the Guards?

1) The Guards are NOT militia, they are RESERVE components of the
Fed-controlled Armed Forces
2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Force

But militia can also operate at a lower level like a Sherriff's posse,
voluntary Police / Fire/ EMT / Search & Rescue, etc.
Those are also typically historical roles of a militia.

Right, in times of emergency first responders are asked to do many
things outside the scope of their job description, but taking up
arms and forming a milita is one I've not seen.

People are confused with the notion that the ONLY role of a militia is ONLY
about "taking up arms"
It is NOT !