Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPS server wiring no-no

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2012 22:33:57 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Oscar wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Oscar wrote:
Everyone has shown that you have none on that question of OSs being
quite capable of avoiding disc corruption on power failure.

I notice that you still haven't told us which OS avoided HD corruption
on power failure and how. Unless that post got lost in the noise, that
is. All the ways round it that I've seen mentioned involve NAS and
caches of some sort.
Disc CORRUPTION is not the same thing as ensuring that all data gets
written to the platter.

It is if the power failure happens while you're writing the FAT.

But there are usually two...one will survive.

Which is why the spec says two FATs. But you still need to find out
which FAT matches the HD contents, and until you do that, the HD is
unusable. You seem to be saying that as long as the data is recoverable
by one means or another, the HD isn't corrupt in your opinion.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.