Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Grass Seed On Top Of Rocks!? WHAT THE HECK!? ( Norminn )

On 5/8/2012 12:01 PM, MICHELLE H. wrote:
Yes, that is why I posted in here, because I just found it very odd the
way he wanted to replant grass on his treebelt!! That he spent about an
hour moving all the rocks/stones, so that he could take out the thick
plastic sheeting underneath, then put the rocks/stones back on top of
the topsoil, before throwing Kentucky Bluegrass seed all over the top of
the rocks/stones, and trying to rake it in with a metal garden rake,
before watering the rocks.

That is what I am afraid of, if he tries to use his push lawnmower to
mow whatever grows there, and he forgets to raise up the wheels on his
lawnmower, and leaves it at the lowest setting, and rocks start hitting
cars, houses, people, etc. We live on a street where all the houses were
built in the 1920's, and so all the houses are only like 10 feet apart
from one another.

Also, yes, I think you are thinking off the same grass seed as I
mentioned in my post from earlier today, the one called "Zoysia Grass".
I think this is grass seed, that when planted, grows sideways instead of
upward, and you never really have to cut/mow it.

Nope. Can't be used for a lawn. It grows in tiny clumps, and nice to
plant between pavers in warm climates. I'm thinking it is related to
liriope, which is much taller.