Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of my pool?

On Tue, 8 May 2012 04:04:16 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."
wrote:

Just another datapoint, whatever this white scratchy stuff is, it's all
over the stainless steal light bezels ... so it's some kind of
'coating'...

If I opt to acid wash, do I leave the light bezels in the pool?
http://picturepush.com/public/8211506

Avoid acid on the metal. It can cause corrosion in some instances.

I'm really interested in what this "coating" is. Try to get it
identified. If is some 'protection' seal it is likely best to leave it
alone?