Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of my pool?

On May 8, 11:29*am, SMS wrote:
On 5/6/2012 1:52 PM, Arklin K. wrote:

On Sun, 06 May 2012 08:10:28 -0700, wrote:
I hope some of those chemicals were for
other than shocking.

The blue algaecide was about $50
The chlorine shock was about $50 for a 24 pound box at Costco.
The bucket of 3" tablets was about $50 at Costco.
The muriatic acid was about $25 for a few gallons.
The clcium supplement was another $25 at Leslies.
And THEN there was the liquid chlorine from Home Depot at about $50 for
12 gallons.

You have got to stop this nonsense.

1. Do not use tablets
2. Do not buy chlorine at Home Depot
3. Do not buy chemicals at Leslie's.

You should only need three chemicals once the water is balanced, liquid
chlorine, muriatic acid, and phosphate remover. You could also use
non-chlorine based shock, which I know my Costco sells.

I have to disagree that he has to use only liquid chlorine.
There is nothing wrong with using trichlor tablets. I use
them without any problem and they are not only easier
but cheaper than liquid chlorine. Each has it's place if
used properly and you understand the pros and cons
of each.