Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Moving Humax PVR Files

On 03/05/2012 14:46, Paul D Smith wrote:

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
I know this is a tad off tangent for normal topics ..

I have a Humax 9300T PVR ... and having just bought a HD TV want to
get a similar PVR ...decided I need to buy a HDR-FOXT2

The simple Q is I have a significant number of items on the 9300T yet
to watch, what is simplest way to get them from 9300T to the HDR-FOXT2
.... I saw this post
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1655582

I also saw this http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW
As this is a one off job, don’t need to make up such a neat harness.

I do have an external IDE-USB HDD, so I could put 9300T HDD in that
... and copy all appropriate files ... but how do I get them into the
HDR-FOXT2

The HDR-FOXT2 has Ethernet capability ... can I feed the programmes
back in that way ?

Anybody done such a thing ?

Once you have the TS files off the 9300T "in hand" (i.e. accessible from
a windows/Linux PC), just enable the FTP server in the FOXT2 and ftp the
files into the video section (where the FOXT2 puts its own files). The
FOXT2 will recognise the files and play them.

I did this to copy 9200 files to a FOXT2 (although it was marginally
easier as the 9200 had a USB-port, albeit a somewhat unreliable one!).

Paul DS

Thnx