Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Shear John Shear is offline

Default Designing a work table - ATTN Bill "Workbench from worksmithshop.jpg" yEnc 20740 Bytes

I use Thunderbird on Linux to read mail and newsgroups. That's as open
and standard as it gets. But I can't decipher the yenc format. Heck, I
hadn't even heard of it til now. Do I need a plugin or something?
Helpful advice would go a lot further in getting us to support your
format than sarcasm will.

John S.

On 05/07/2012 05:27 PM, Darian wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2012 06:24:53 -0700,
wrote:

Too bad, cannot see this file picture.
try a jpeg.
yenc.

"Joe" wrote in message ...

To those with problems:

It's just jibberish. Try posting w/o yEnc. I can usually read yEnc, so
maybe it's something else that messing it up. At any rate it's just
noise at this point...
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

I can usually read yEnc.....

Usually? What else do you use?
I downloaded them here fine.
-J

--------

yEnc doesn't work so well in this group. A lot of regulars don't use

newsreaders that can handle it. Try reposting without the yEnc.

This is the ONLY group that still has complaints about yEnc.
All of Usenet should go back a decade and post in a dead
format because the "regulars' here are just too damn lazy
or defiant to go with the 99.9%.

You still drive a horse and buggy? Have that new fangled
'lecrticty' in your shop? What a bunch of whiners!

No wonder this group has dwindled away. Every time
someone tries to share their work,posting in now standard
formats. they are met with snide comments and complaints.

No matter how many times you say yEnc in NOT standard,
try going to any other binairy group and you will discover,
oh horrors!!, more yEnc. It's taken over the world.

Geesh~~~~!