Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default A differenct approach to residential solar power

On May 8, 4:20*am, "
wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2012 22:26:29 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:
On May 7, 1:17*am, "
wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 16:50:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 10:47:12 -0400, "
wrote:

Indeed. *We both heat and cool with electricity and "only" spend something
less than $1700 (five months @ $200 and seven around $100). *$9K in
electricity? *Yikes! *Either harry is lying again, or he's worse than AlBore.

Typical rates in Britain are about 22¢ per kW. *A bit more that I pay
in CT, about 17¢

I paid a total of $1775 last year.

Like I said, I both heat and cool with electricity - 2600ft^2 (now 6200ft^2,
but that's an anomaly).

PV is ideal for cooling. *Max power available when you need the
cooling.

Really? *Do you see the sun at night in the UK. *Well, *you* probably do.-

It depends how far North you are and what time of year.
In the far North, night is only three hours long in Summer

So yes we sun when it is night for some people.
A little farther North andthe sunshines at midnight.

Homeguy will see the sun in Canada at midnight if he is far enough
North.

You ARE an ignorant ****er aren't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_sun