Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default How best to paint fresh masonary patch?

andyeverett wrote:
I have a stucco on cinder block wall in need of some mortar patching
where patches of stucco no longer are attached. I would like to follow
up the same day with paint but know most paint wants fresh mortar to
cure for 30 days or more. If the paint peels at the patches I can come
back and touch it up. Is there anyway to do both jobs in one day with
ok results, patch and paint in one day, a vinegar wash and rinse or
some other trick?

Thanks for any help

I don't know the answer, but this morning I happened to be reading the
product data sheet for Sakrete Type N Mortar Mix that I will be using on a
chimney repair. Regarding painting, it just says:

"Can Be Painted -- Using an alkali resistant lime proof paint usually within
7 days provided the masonry is dry" -- whatever that means.

Here's a link to Sakrete product data sheets in case you happen to be using
that brand of stucco:
http://www.sakrete.com/tech-data/ .

Or you could try checking the website for whatever brand you are going to
use.