Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default OT- Rabbits

On May 7, 1:12*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 5/7/2012 12:06 PM, Limp Arbor wrote:

On May 7, 12:52 pm, Michael *wrote:
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article884dc720-705e-4fca-b2fc-
,
says...

I used to trap and reloacte the groundhogs pestering SWMBO's garden.
Stopped doing that after one morning there was a skunk in the cage...

How did you resolve that dilemma?

Luckily the cage was inside the garden near the fence. *I draped a
tarp over the fence to protect me from a possible spray. *Reached over
the fence with a long piece of Mahogany I had laying around. *Spent
about 20-30 minutes until I could get the cage to open. *He just
walked out and crawled out the way he came in.

Supposedly they are very unlikey to spray during the day when not
confranted directly. *YMMV

Those cages are very hard to open from the other side of a fence with
a long pole...

Get free backup service using Drop Box
Access your files from your smartphone or tablet
Bonus space provided using this link:http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ

they also don't spray if you just leave them in there for 36 hours on a
105 degree day. *My dad found that out in his garden. *Last year: 22
possums, 5 coons, and 2 skunks. *All went to sleep while he was at work
each day.

Then I gottta dig a hole...

I think I'd be a little nervous releasing a coon on the other side of
the river. Aren't supposed to be nasty?