Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default OT- Rabbits

On 5/7/2012 12:06 PM, Limp Arbor wrote:
On May 7, 12:52 pm, Michael wrote:
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article884dc720-705e-4fca-b2fc-
,
says...

I used to trap and reloacte the groundhogs pestering SWMBO's garden.
Stopped doing that after one morning there was a skunk in the cage...

How did you resolve that dilemma?

Luckily the cage was inside the garden near the fence. I draped a
tarp over the fence to protect me from a possible spray. Reached over
the fence with a long piece of Mahogany I had laying around. Spent
about 20-30 minutes until I could get the cage to open. He just
walked out and crawled out the way he came in.

Supposedly they are very unlikey to spray during the day when not
confranted directly. YMMV

Those cages are very hard to open from the other side of a fence with
a long pole...

Get free backup service using Drop Box
Access your files from your smartphone or tablet
Bonus space provided using this link: http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ

they also don't spray if you just leave them in there for 36 hours on a
105 degree day. My dad found that out in his garden. Last year: 22
possums, 5 coons, and 2 skunks. All went to sleep while he was at work
each day.

--
Steve Barker