Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tangerine3@toyotamail.com is offline

Default Why did the breaker trip after a power outage?

On Mon, 7 May 2012 02:31:32 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

I guess it all came on the same time after failure. That might rule out
that possibility. I have turned certain transformers on, and depending on
what part of the ac cycle, blew fuses. Some things are going to draw more
current at lower initial turn on too.

Greg

I know that CRT computer monitors and crt tv sets always draw a lot of
power upon starting. When I had them, I could see a surge on the room
lights, particularly when a dimmer was installed.

One of the games still is a CRT type. I was there tonite again, and
talked to the owner about it. I also noticed that I mis-counted. There
are actually 6 games, a jukebox, 3 signs a clock, and an ATM machine all
on that circuit. I also found out that the day they opened the bar some
years ago, they had a power failure. An electrician came and found
almost every outlet, except the ones behind the bar on the same circuit.
He split it into 4 breakers. One for each wall. But he said that back
then they only had 2 or 3 video games and a jukebox in the whole place.
The company the furnishes the games keeps bringing in more and more
stuff. He said the revenue from these games is small, but it all helps
pay the bills. But he also said the electric bill is much higher than
it used to be. Kind of makes me wonder if it's worth having all those
games.... I seldom see them being used.....