Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can a Little Giant pool cover pump be repaired?

On 5/7/2012 12:13 AM, hr(bob) wrote:

I would clean it carefully, with naptha, and s damp rag. Then once it
was thoroughly dry, I would hot glue pushed down inside the housing
all around the cord for at least one inch outside the housing. I have
done this a couple of times, the hot glue really sticks, and doesn't
move unless it gets very hot. Just did it this past weekend on the
cord ferom my electric chain saw where the cord wore thru the strain
relief and was in danger of pulling out of the saw.

I can see that on a still=intact cord before an actual break that could
extend life but don't see what it'll do to help repair one already broken.