Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of mypool?

On Sun, 06 May 2012 23:19:15 -0500, gonjah wrote:

I'd think there is a vacuum attachment somewhere already.

Well, truth be told, there is ... sort of.

It's a real bear, but ... I read the Paramount PCC2000 documentation
really carefully - over and over and over again ... and I found out you
CAN attach a vacuum to the debris canister!

But, it's a bear! You have to fill the hose with water and then very very
quickly (before the water leaks out), you shove the hose into the bottom
of the debris canister - and - if you're lucky - you get vacuum.

But, it seems you slow down the intake of water so the filter pump almost
goes dry - with huge bubbles of caviation or whatever in the pump basket.

So you're constantly going back and forth to the pump to check that it's
not dry while you're vacuuming with the hose that keeps popping out of
the debris canister and you have to prime the entire hose over and over
and over again.

At least that's what happens to me.

Here's where it says you can do hook a vacuum to the debris canister.
http://www.1paramount.com/products/canister

It works nice in the picture at that web page - but - in reality, it's a
real bear. My kids learn new swear words every time I try to get it going
as it's a 3-person operation ...
- Two people to prime the hose
- One person to vacuum
- And another to keep checking that the filter pump doesn't go dry