Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom ofmy pool?

On 5/6/2012 11:14 PM, Arklin K. wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 23:07:15 -0500, gonjah wrote:

The idea is bizarre. I'll stick with my Polaris. Taking care of a pool
is really not that difficult. I think the old KISS rule applies here.

I agree with you! But it's too late for me. There is no vacuum attachment
anywhere, so the only vacuum that would work would be a wholly self
contained one.

You gotta go with what you got. Hopefully someone with this type of pool
experience will chime in on Monday.

BTW, there 'is' an unused port that goes from the middle of the pool to
the pump area. It is capped off but I guess I 'could' put a pump there
(my fourth) and it would then act as a vacuum. But it would have to have
its own filter because there's already a filter loop.

Weird. Very weird. It took me a while to figure it out because everything
people told me didn't make sense when I had tested it (e.g., to use the
skimmers as a vacuum).

I'd think there is a vacuum attachment somewhere already.