Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom ofmy pool?

On 5/6/2012 11:02 PM, Arklin K. wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 20:26:16 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

When opening the pool, you might have to clear the filter multiple
times.

Yes. Understood. I will have to pressure wash it.

Plus, the debris canister gets filled to the brim with leaves and stuff
so it has to be dumped often.

Basically, the pool is designed with a VERY SHARP deep end. Then the
dozen popup heads push the debris toward this deep end where it can't get
out.

Then the filter pulls it out into the debris canister and then on to the
filter, and then back to the pool.

Here's a picture of the pool empty showing the shape. You can see the
popup heads in the middle of the bottom of the pool:
http://picturepush.com/public/8204345

The idea is bizarre. I'll stick with my Polaris. Taking care of a pool
is really not that difficult. I think the old KISS rule applies here.