Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of mypool?

On Sun, 06 May 2012 21:28:30 +0000, Arklin K. wrote:

I can't seem to understand HOW these things remove, even taking into
account the special tool and the fact they're reverse threaded.

I finally figured it out!
http://picturepush.com/public/8204328

The trick is to NOT set the tool too deeply into the popup head when
turning clockwise to remove (yes, clockwise).

When I set the tool deeply, it broke the tool.

When I set the tool shallow - it twisted the pop-up head the 1/8 turn
that releases it from the pool! Lesson learned!
http://picturepush.com/public/8204315