Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default Can a Little Giant pool cover pump be repaired?

On 5/6/2012 8:58 PM, Peabody wrote:
I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant-H...ubmersible/dp/
B000LGA666/

From the reviews, it appears this pump has a defective design such
that the power cord easily breaks right at the pump. At least
that's what happened to mine. Otherwise the pump has worked great.
Well I assume the broken power cord is how they get repeat sales.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has ever taken one of these apart and
fixed the power cord, or you think it could be done.

I appears from this pic that a special tool would be needed to
remove the cord housing, but I don't know if that means you could
actually repair it.

http://i47.tinypic.com/j93m85.jpg

I'm glad you posted this picture. I have a 250 watt (is that 1/3 HP)
pump like yours and it lacks a strain relief, like yours did. I'll
fashion one for the pump.

As for the broken cord, if it's above/outside the pump housing, you
might be able to repair it using a watertight skin/shrink wrap and
water-proof electrical tape. I've seen kits in hardware stores that
repair underwater electrical wire. just a suggestion to investigate.

I wonder if you take your's apart if oil will come out or not?