Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Water from AC runoff

On 5/6/2012 5:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 19:47:00 -0400,
wrote:

My AC pumps the water into a drain in the basement through an exposed
3/8 tube. Would that water be harmful to pets?

Harmful to pets drinking it, that is.
We have fixed a barricade to keep the pets from drinking the water. It
doesn't seem like a good idea to let them drink it. We do keep out
food and water, but we saw one dog drink from it.

Why would you risk it if you already have a solution in place?

I can't comment on the AC, but I did call the gas company about
what was in the effluent from the high-efficiency gas furnace.
No problem, it's safe.
So, I can put it on my vegetable garden?
Ummm....the backpedaling left skid marks on my phone.