Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of my pool?

"Arklin K." writes:

On Sun, 06 May 2012 15:56:18 -0500, gonjah wrote:

It doesn't have a skimmer? I thought I saw one. My vacuum works through
the skimmer. It's a pretty simple operation.

Once at the deep end, it's soooo steep (45 degrees!) that the crud can't
get back out. The filter pump pulls the crud from the bottom of the deep
end and that is the only filtered water.

In theory, it should keep the pool clean - but in reality, it stinks.

The problem is there is no way to hook up a vacuum that I can figure out
as the vacuum hooked to the skimmers simply blows the crud right back
into the pool via the pop up cleaner heads!

Clearly, you are not supposed to vacuum the pool.

I read the web page, all the crap heads to the deep end, then
the filter sucks it in leaving the large debris in a canister.
Clean water re-enters the pool.

Sounds like it would work.

When opening the pool, you might have to clear the filter
multiple times.

--
Dan Espen