Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of my pool?

On May 6, 4:48*pm, "Arklin K." wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 10:34:36 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
How much is the water to refill the pool going to cost.

I don't know yet.

I can either fill it from the well (paying for electricity at California
rates of 45 cents / KW hour) or pay someone to deliver 38K gallons.

For anyone who has had water delivered ... how much is 38K gallons anyway
in cost?

I don;t know, but it's impossible that it's going to be
cheaper than running a well pump. 1 hp well pump
is probably around 7 amps, 240V, or 1.5kw. That's
75 cents an hour. If it pumps a typical well rate of
15GPM, that's 900GPH. I could fill my 48000 gallon
pool for $40 even at your electric rate.