Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom of mypool?

On Sun, 06 May 2012 15:56:18 -0500, gonjah wrote:

It doesn't have a skimmer? I thought I saw one. My vacuum works through
the skimmer. It's a pretty simple operation.

Nope. The skimmers (both of them) are wholly unfiltered!

Other than the skimmer basket and pump basket, anything sucked up by the
skimmer goes right BACK into the pool! I know. It's weird. IMHO, it's
stupid - but that's the way Lifetime and Paramount build pools.

Here's a brochure describing the Paramount PCC2000 "self-cleaning" pool
system:
http://www.1paramount.com/products/pcc/

Basically, the skimmers only skim the huge stuff. Everything else goes
back into the pool, unfiltered so that the dozen rotating pop-up heads
push the crud to the deep end of the pool.

Once at the deep end, it's soooo steep (45 degrees!) that the crud can't
get back out. The filter pump pulls the crud from the bottom of the deep
end and that is the only filtered water.

Here's a picture of the shallow end leading to the deep end.
http://picturepush.com/public/8203391

And, here's a picture of me failing to remove one of the pop up cleaner
heads:
http://picturepush.com/public/8203134

I can't seem to understand HOW these things remove, even taking into
account the special tool and the fact they're reverse threaded.

Here's a picture of the two cleaner heads that control the dozen pop up
rotating spray cleaners:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8186945.jpg

In theory, it should keep the pool clean - but in reality, it stinks.

The problem is there is no way to hook up a vacuum that I can figure out
as the vacuum hooked to the skimmers simply blows the crud right back
into the pool via the pop up cleaner heads!