Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom ofmy pool?

On 5/6/2012 3:46 PM, Arklin K. wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 10:04:03 -0500, gonjah wrote:

In *extreme* situations you can use floc, let the particles settle, then
vacuum.

One problem with the aluminum flocculent in my pool is there is no
vacuum. The pool is designed to be 'self cleaning' (yeah, like high
school kids are self policing).

Anyway, maybe I 'should' have used the flocculent and then 'rented' a
pool vacuum to get the stuff off the bottom ... but that's too late now!

http://picturepush.com/public/8203391

It doesn't have a skimmer? I thought I saw one. My vacuum works through
the skimmer. It's a pretty simple operation.

http://www.americasbestpoolsupply.co...d/skimvac2.gif

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...umWithHose.jpg