Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Gun law US style.

On 2012-05-06, NotMe wrote:

So how has having a gun helped you?

That's like asking how has life insurance helped me. Not much.

On the other hand, I have no buddies who take out their policies and
sit around yakking about them and comparing them and bench racing them
over a couple beers. I also can't take a policy to a range and
compete with fellow policy holders to see who can finesse said policy
into a better score, all in good fun and harmless camaraderie. I also
couldn't do the same with my auto insurance, which I carried fer 15
yrs, never thinking to need it. But, when I finally had an accident
which required mucho medical covereage, BINGO!

As to at home accidents, guns are not the only problem but all can be traced
to carelessness on the part of adults.

I'm sorry for them folks. My ex and all her siblings were not gun
fans, but having been raised by a huge gun fan and hunter father, they
were never intimidated or stupid about firearms. Every one of them
could handle a firearm safely and without fear. The fact none of them
chose to be gun owners is a personal choice, but at least they all
were gun smart. Likewise my own daughter. I taught her to handle a
firearm at a young age. That she has chosen to pretty much disregard
all things "gun" is fine by me. Likewise, she is not freaked out or
intimidated by guns, one way or the other.

People that take up a gun and go ****-house crazy are gonna go
****-house crazy whether they have a gun or not. Sure, a gun makes it
easy for them, but it also makes it easy for the victims the smoke the
crazy bastids before they themselves end up at ambient temperature.
Basically, I want the same odds as the ****-house crazy bastid trying
to do me in. Basically insurance, for lack of a better term. In this
litigious society, I'm surprised guns haven't been made mandatory!

I suspect most anti-gun freaks, like yerself, has never been exposed
to other competent folks who have been around guns all their life.
Guns are no different than that rack of $300 German chef's knives in
yer kitchen. Jes gotta be smarter than the tool!

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
--scream out the window "bitch!" --Bill Burr