Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default What is this white scratchy stuff on the sides and bottom ofmy pool?

On 5/6/2012 9:19 AM, Arklin K. wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2012 10:10:15 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Still can't figure out why you are draining the pool.
Fill it, turn on the filter. You're done.

It was a green swamp!
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...40/8186117.jpg

I shocked it with $150 in chemicals and ran the two pumps (filter +
cleaner) for days until I finally gave up and figured I'd just replace
the water.

In *extreme* situations you can use floc, let the particles settle, then
vacuum.

http://www.zearth.com/products/PoolC...ero_124298.jpg

Once I drained it - I figured I'd clean it while I could for maintenance.