Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Gun law US style.

On 2012-05-06, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

No, this is what I meant:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/10/A/I/13/311

10 U.S.C. § 311
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia.

Besides, how could the original authors of The Constitution possibly
have meant the current National Guard when no such entity existed in
1789, nor would it for another 114 yrs.

It always pains me to listen to these legal beagles try and outthink
the founding fathers, as if those great men somehow slipped up and got
it wrong. I'm not gonna dig up the 2nd ammendment for dissection at
this point, it all being too ludicrous to even comment on. Right now,
I'm happy the way it's going. The 2nd ammendment has been under
constant attack since its inception and is still healthy, alive, and
kicking, despite attempts by our increasingly repressive govt to
corrupt its meaning. The govt knows damn good and well exactly what
it means. It means if they push too far, the people are more than
capable of pushing right back. Not exactly conducive to the
furthering of a police state.

BTW, screw Jeff Cooper and his stupid "Cooperisms". Hopolophobe,
indeed! Sounds like someone with a phobia against Hopalong Cassidy.

I believe the case where the Supremes decided that the National Guard is NOT
the militia, is called Perpich.