Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welder repair (Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D)

On Sun, 06 May 2012 00:45:46 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 6 May 2012 13:41:51 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

news:wJydnUbjWrR4KDjSnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@giganews .com...
On 2012-05-05, erik wrote:
thats one expensive board!

Many are much more expensive than that...

Just out of interest can you put up a photo of the faulty board. I'm
interested in what's on the board and how repairable they might be.

Apparently they are repairable. IIRC there's a place in the south -
NC? that specializes in Miller board repairs.

RWL

At $500 for a replacement, repairing them could be a good little sideline!

I cant speak for Miller..but Lincoln are so covered with plastic sealent
that gettting to components is nearly impossible

Gunner

You need some "conformal coating remover" I think GC used to make
some - not sure if it is still available - pretty nasty stuff.