Michael Mcneil

Default Transport advice needed

"rob w" wrote in message
om

I would check on
insurance it maybe a lot more for a van than say an old estate, Id go
for an old volvo, cheap to buy ,good size and should not be too
expensive to insure. Rob

I always buy estates, something in the 2 litre range. I have never had a
Volvo but hear tell they are the best. They were among the best for
build
quality decades before Leyland got their act together. Mind you they are
designed for conditions in Sweden.

They are beloved of antiques dealers as their capacity is the greatest.
But any old estate car is adequate. The only problem is addressed above;
thieves can get a good look in. So wire mesh is a must for regular users
with loads of tools. And a set of padlocks fitted too if you are leaving
tools lying around.

I've toyed with the idea of locking most of the doors with hasps and
staples internally just using the driver and rear doors. Never got
around to it though. I just carry all my gear up the stairs to my flat
night and day. I know where it is then, right in front of me when I get
up in the middle of the night to fall over it.