Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Gun law US style.

On 2012-05-05, Oren wrote:

Which time? Fighting a rattlesnake, killing an about to strike cotton
mouth moccasin, inhibiting an 8 foot alligator from taking my ship?

Boy, howdy! Howzabout bears?

I moved to central CO about 5 yrs ago. We have a Walmart, Subway,
stoplights, cellphones, internet, etc. We also have bears. I've seen
a bear on my deck every year since I moved here. One year, twice
within 12 hrs.

Last year, a big 'un wasn't jes cruzin' fer burgers. He somehow
detected unopened dry dog food in one of our sheds. Figured out how
to get in. Next night, I locked the door. Bear tore the entire
lock/clasp off the door and ate 2nd bag of dog food. Third night
passed uneventfully. Fourth night, after I put a 2x12 across door
with 10" spikes, the bear returned. Tore the top half of the door
completely off, above the 2x12, like it was tissue paper. Called
DOW, who caught the bear and put it down (2nd capture). Two ppl were
killed by black bears within 10 miles of my home, last Summer.

Now, if I find I must go outdoors after dark, like to walk the 150 ft
to the dumpster to empty some trash, I have a powerful headband light
and a .44 magnum pistol with Garrett bear loads in my shooting hand.
A bear is not likely to wait for a call to 911. Neither am I.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Yell out the window "bitch!" --Bill Burr