Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Bill Bowden[_2_] Bill Bowden[_2_] is offline

Default The end of incandescent bulbs?

On May 3, 5:46*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2012 11:54:37 -0700, John Larkin

wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 16:04:17 -0400, dh@. wrote:

I heard that all incandescent bulbs will quit being produced and illegal to sell
in 2013. Is that true? I've also heard that some bulbs like the Par 38 outdoor
spots and floods might continue to be available. Is that true? Someone said they
thought pretty much all halogen bulbs will still be available... Can someone
there tell me what the truth actually is? What about entertainment bulbs, like
Par 64s and 56s, and aircraft landing lights...???

We just bought 500 each of 100, 75, and 60 watt bulbs. Maybe we should
buy more.

I have 100 100s and 200 60s. *That's stock for home use.

I saw some 71 watt incandescents for sale. They were energy saver
types, but I didn't buy any. Where do they come up with a number like
71 watts?

-Bill