Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How best to paint fresh masonary patch?

On 5/5/2012 8:58 AM, andyeverett wrote:
I have a stucco on cinder block wall in need of some mortar patching
where patches of stucco no longer are attached. I would like to follow
up the same day with paint but know most paint wants fresh mortar to
cure for 30 days or more. If the paint peels at the patches I can come
back and touch it up. Is there anyway to do both jobs in one day with
ok results, patch and paint in one day, a vinegar wash and rinse or
some other trick?

Thanks for any help

There is latex stucco patch, sanded and unsanded. We used it in Florida
and it worked great. Don/t recall the time delay for painting, but the
stuff is easy to use.