Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On Wed, 02 May 2012 21:12:59 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote

There is **** all ground metal in a well designed
engine and the filter looks after that fine.

But we're both talking about old cars here.

Sure, but that Golf always was a well designed car.

Oh I dunno, the electric windows fail easily.

There were no electric windows in the old Golf's stupid.

That was only one example.

So do you change the filters often?

Nope, but the oil pressure light will tell
me when enough oil isnt getting thru it.

I'd certainly change it if that happened.

You have a point. I think most cars are
serviced when they don't really need to be.

Not sure how true that is now with the
service now being pretty minimal now.

I've been giving my golf an "inspection service" and an oil and filter change when it requests it. I think I may be wasting money.

I did have a couple of cars I never serviced, and I don't
recall any more problems with them than the ones I did.

Yeah, I had very minimal problems with the Golf, just
an alternator regulator and distributor rotor and they
wouldn't have been due to the lack of servicing.

My alternator packed in.

Didn't keep the Beetle before it long enough to be
much of a test on that. I replaced it with the Golf
because the ****ing great Alsatian used lobber down
the back of my neck in summer with his head out the
driver's window. He got his own window in the Golf.

Good enough reason.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"Take off lid and push up bottom." (From a stick deodorant label)