Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default The thick ****

On Fri, 4 May 2012 12:12:08 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

I caught the end of a Radio 4 documentary in which it was claimed a major
contributory factor was that the sailor at the wheel was experienced in
steerage systems that required the wheel to be turned in the opposite
direction to that used by the system on the Titanic. Anyone else heard of
this?

Yes, it was arse for elbow to what we know it as now and for the last
century. One of those bloody stupid things that carried on in the face
of any logic for too long.