Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toro mowers

On Thu, 03 May 2012 09:55:51 -0400, Duesenberg wrote:

On 5/2/2012 10:33 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 20:49:48 -0400, wrote:

On 5/1/2012 12:30 PM, Frank wrote:
On May 1, 9:07 am, "Steve wrote:
I was given a Toro mower yesterday, saying that it needed a carb kit. I am
familiar with working on these. I have not touched it yet.

What is everyone's opinion of Toro mowers and their equipment? I like the
Hondas I have. They start easily and run well.

Never had a Toro, so just wanted to check.

Steve

I had one several years ago when Toro was living on its reputation.
It was a lemon, always in the shop. I went to Lawnboy which was OK
but now have a Honda that I like best. Honda is fairly consistent but
lot of companies cycle up and down in their quality so I think you
need direct input of a mower shop.

Honda's are sometimes sold at Costco. I wonder if they are built to
Honda's same standards or not.....

Does Costco have their own SKU?

I'm not sure. My boss purchased a Honda at Costco for $200 less than
the local sales shops but he seemed a unimpressed with the quantity of
plastic that Honda used in the Costco model.

Quantity of plastic? Did he compare it to one at HD? (trying to think of
what's plastic on mine).

I mean he got a fantastic price and AFAIK, the engines are exactly the
same. But around these parts Costco sells Honda lawn mowers for about 1
month and once they are gone, they are gone.

That's sorta the way Costco works.