Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry[_21_] Larry[_21_] is offline

Default Water proofing

Metspitzer wrote in
:

My basement has started leaking water when it rains hard. My sister
has moved into the basement and I would like to have someone out to
see about stopping the leak.

Is there any way to tell what is causing the leak without having to
wait for a heavy rain?

Word of warning. If you have carpet or flooring of any kind in the
basement that has become wet, you must get it professionally taken
care of or you will end up with mould. Once you have mould in the house,
it will spread everywhere and cost you huge dollars. Better to take the
safe route before anything sets in. I'm not in the business but I
had this happen in a property that I own.

Regards,
Larry