Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default The end of incandescent bulbs?

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

"Throw every light we've got on the runway!"

The ****'s really gonna hit the fan now.

I watched the Blu-ray last night. You wouldn't believe it, but it's
/gorgeous/ -- apparently from the composite negative. Biroc's
lighting has rich shadows, and creates an apt atmosphere
for each scene. The Blu-ray is so much better than any other
version I've seen, that I have to unreservedly recommend it.

I wasn't "aware" of Biroc, but his work goes back to "It's a Wonderful

Life".

Though he's a famous cinematographer, his daylight outdoor work in "Blazing
Saddles" was poor. In watching Blu-ray films, of all eras, I've noticed the
indoor lighting is almost always much superior to the outdoor (qv, "Bridge
on the River Kwai"). This isn't surprising -- you have full control of the
lighting on a set.

I bet the Jell-O looks good on Blu-ray.

Both flavors.