Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Drill Doctor 350X!

On Thu, 03 May 2012 17:52:22 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Thu, 3 May 2012 21:18:22 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Maybe it was a waste, but it was only $50 and I enjoy doing things
right.

Should the diamond grinding wheel or the bit being sharpened be
wet with some liquid like silicon or WD-40?

i run my Darex drill sharpener dry

I also made a channel to help cut my aluminum flat bar forks.
Haven't used it yet, but it will help do it right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/

I don't know if you can even use coolant with a Drill Doctor, but with
a CBN wheel, don't use coolant with a rust inhibitor in it. The
chemistry isn't compatible. (Something I learned by interviewing wheel
manufacturers a decade ago.)

Ordinary soluble oils are recommended in production and toolroom
applications.

--
Ed Huntress