Posted to alt.home.repair

Default foggy headlights (on reliable cars)

I'm with you, mine do break down, now and again. But much more seldom than
before. My work van just rolled over 200,000 miles, and it's still a
dependable vehicle.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"TimR" wrote in message news:d468c7ce-838c-4733-a837-

Cars are far more reliable than years ago. Last time I was stranded was
1986. Before that, it was common to see cars broke down on the side of the
road. Very rare today.

Yup. I'm driving a car with 100,000 plus on it, and it starts every
time.

When I was a kid, several! decades ago, a car that old wouldn't
reliably make it to the grocery store.

I haven't changed a flat tire in probably 30 years. When I was a kid
I did it so often I became skilled at it.