Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default How to find out what company made your product

On May 3, 5:34*am, Tegger wrote:
Robert Macy wrote :

The first postings were back Feb 15, 2012

The code as it appears on the gypsum drywall:

7 72677 00248 8

From memory, manufactured in North Carolina

No, in Canada.

You had recommended the GS1 website earlier, but the information for
manufacturer was circular, back to GS1

It's telling you you need to go to GS1 Canada to get the information you
want. And, unfortunately, it appears the Canadian site does not have a
public-access search for GLN ownership. I think you'd have to actually
email them.

The product came up correctly, well in a way.

I still don't know who made this drywall.

Way back in February I posted who made it. It was made by CertainTeed
Gypsum, in Canada. I know this because I have a login on the Canadian GS1
site.

CertainTeed's GLN is 772677.

It looks like the US site's search only works for US-made products.

--
Tegger

Thanks, missed that somehow. Worse it took 1/2 hour to find those old
postings! Did you post the contact information, too?

Anyway, the joint compound from Walmart is Proforma, made by National
Gypsum and definitely out of North Carolina and definitely the wrong
UPC code. something like 0222????