Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Shop Cabinet Door - AFCCT

On 5/2/2012 9:51 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 21:19:36 -0500, wrote:

On 5/2/2012 7:06 PM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 18:50:42 -0500, wrote:

Thought I would never say this, but you just made me a lot prouder of
our touchy, feely progressives here in Texas ... bless their little pea
picking liberal hearts.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/..._ece_frontpage

I have to question how long it will last. Roosters crowing at sunrise
waking up everyone within earshot. Escaped hens roaming the streets,
feathers blowing everywhere. Bird poop is usually toxic so there may
be repercussions there.

Nope, I think it's a bad idea, at least in an urban environment.

You missed the operative word ... "hens". Roosters are never allowed in
urban settings.

Hens "cluck" softly, they don't "crow", ND they don't roam as a rule
because they must be vigorously protected, by escape proof measures,
24/7, measures which keep the the real urban varmits, the feral cats,
coons, possums and hawks OUT, and the "hens" IN ... otherwise the
allowed eight hens won't last a single night.

Hens cluck softly unless disturbed, when they let out some pretty loud
noises. Roosters are 100x worse, but hens are damned loud and I
wouldn't want any next door to me. Cats, dogs, raccoons, snakes, and
stray people can all make chickens go ape****, from my experience.
Come out the back door and let the screen door slam and you have
chickens heading for the trees. (not that they get there, with the
pinioned wings and all...)

I can't say that the noise of any hen or rooster for that matter is any
worse than a barking dog. Yes I have been around both and you simply
get used to the noise.