Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) What are those Square Smart phone things?

On Wed, 2 May 2012 07:36:00 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"Tegger" wrote in message
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

I've changed my mind about smart phones.

You'd be amazed at how handy it can be to find information about many
things.

Yep. The more functions they build into smart phones, the better those
phones get.

Since I got my BlackBerry, I haven't opened the map book that's in my
briefcase. The online map combined with the little moving dot that shows
my
location is WAY handier than any paper map, and a lot more convenient than
a Garmin.

Only problem is that some of the Direction finders are quite stupid and will
often give you a far longer route and not be able to readjust when:
a) you don't want to go the way they "suggest"

Every one I've seen has a way of setting a detour. You can also set a
waypoint to a location on the desire route.

b) you don't go that way.

My wife's old GPS would nag incessantly. My cell phone notices that there is
another path the direction I'm headed and will adjust soon enough.

Recent experience, I was directed to do a 30+ mile detour on trafficky
highways, instead of going straight down an unused secondary road, which got
me there about 10 minutes sooner. Not to mention that it was a more scenic
drive.

My cell phone can give several possible routes and you can choose the one you
want just by tapping it on the screen.