Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOAs: "No solar panels for you"

On Tue, 1 May 2012 23:01:40 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

Come to Phoenix. Large areas are HOA free. I lived in one for 30+
years (Maryvale for anyone familiar with the area). And as I
previously said, you can mostly tell the HOA-free areas by just
looking at them. Trouble is many people want to have their cake (be
HOA-free) and to eat it too (live in a nice well kept up
neighborhood). In my experience that seldom seems to happen...

I had family who lived in maryvale. frankly i liked the brightly
colored mexican painted homes.

my dad moved to a HOA area with strict rules, the place turned into a
dump, homes in foreclosure didnt need to meet HOA rules.

That's dumb. Force the bank to keep up the homes to the same standards as the
homeowners.

my dads new home is very nice but I prefered his old home.......

the outside colors are tightly regulated and returning after a walk
one day i tried to get in his next door neighbors home. I thought my
jokester brother had locked me out....

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting family in Columbus, OH. After driving
around for some time it hit me, all the hoses are the same color. Not just
the houses in one subdivision (no problem with that, if that's what they
decide). Every subdivision looked the same, too.

Maryvale has crime issues whatever happened about the maryvale
cluster? high cancer rate in that area.....

I love idiots who think correlation = causation.