Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21480 Ignoramus21480 is offline

Default 1960 fork lift redux

On 2012-05-02, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 11:13:55 -0500, Ignoramus21480
wrote:

I like forklifts too. I already bought six of them, sold one and
scrapped another at a profit. One more was a bad deal and will likely
be scrapped also. The sixth one goes to my place tomorrow.

What I learned is that there is a reason why nobody wants old
forklifts. The reason is parts availability.

I wonder how many of those parts are manufacturable by the home
machinist. Probably a pretty low number.

I am sure that a lot of them can be made, but at what cost?