Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default White spirit won't burn?

On Wed, 02 May 2012 00:42:24 +0100, jgharston wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
It doesn't have a clutch, its an automatic.

Manual gearboxes should have been disposed of years ago.

I couldn't get my semi-automatic out of the snow until I put
it into manual.

I've never driven a "semi-automatic", but I've found my automatic Golf to be very good in the snow. It is less likely to wheelspin as it controls the power evenly.

I did once get stuck in some deep snow, but by rocking it back and forth I broke free. Rocking is much easier in an automatic, as you can select forward/reverse very rapidly.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The only differences between lawyers and prostitutes are that prostitutes are generally better looking and more honest about how they make a living.