Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default HOAs: "No solar panels for you"

Come to Phoenix. Large areas are HOA free. I lived in one for 30+
years (Maryvale for anyone familiar with the area). And as I
previously said, you can mostly tell the HOA-free areas by just
looking at them. Trouble is many people want to have their cake (be
HOA-free) and to eat it too (live in a nice well kept up
neighborhood). In my experience that seldom seems to happen...

I had family who lived in maryvale. frankly i liked the brightly
colored mexican painted homes.

my dad moved to a HOA area with strict rules, the place turned into a
dump, homes in foreclosure didnt need to meet HOA rules.

my dads new home is very nice but I prefered his old home.......

the outside colors are tightly regulated and returning after a walk
one day i tried to get in his next door neighbors home. I thought my
jokester brother had locked me out....

Maryvale has crime issues whatever happened about the maryvale
cluster? high cancer rate in that area.....