Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

On 5/1/2012 9:28 PM, AJL wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 17:40:01 -0500, gonjahgonjah.net wrote:

On 5/1/2012 4:06 PM, AJL wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 10:33:03 -0500, wrote:

I've had quite a few people come out and
work for me and so far I've gotten my money's worth.
Trouble is, how do you know for sure you're not being scammed? Unless
you know the technology of what's being fixed (car, AC, TV, ect) you
pretty much have to take the repair guys word. And if you do know the
technology then you'd probably fix it yourself anyway...

I think you have a point but I ask a lot of questions during and before
work takes place. I can't express how important it is to do your
homework before having anyone come out.

I always like to watch them do the work. But they probably secretly
charge me extra for the privilege so I may not be any ahead...

WTS: I keep my eye on them and I always check references, thoroughly.
Heck a few years back they ran a sting on the automotive repair shop
at the local Sears store. They were routinely cheating the customers!
If you can't trust Sears... 8-O

I've never gone to sears for "repairs". Only tires and batteries.

I guess my point was that who would you normally trust, the scuzy
local garage or the upstanding Sears Corporation? I was wrong. I now
know you can't trust anyone.

I wouldn't trust Sears to do repairs so I guess I'm not following. I try
to stay away from dealers too.

Just recently I took a tire to Firestone for repair and they ruined it
then put it back on the car. The tire was low the next day and I went to
Costco and bought a new tire. I took the Costco receipt to Firestone and
they reimbursed me. That's pretty typical of the way things happen to
me. Frustrating but it all seems to work out in the end.